Search This Blog

1.05.2011

Carl Jr. and Cuter Than a Hamburger

What do you do when cute walks through the door? Snuggle it, of course!

Yes... worship me.

As I was about to leave work last night I got a message from our intake coordinator about a man who was close to being evicted if he didn't find a new place for his kittens. Of course, even though it always hurts to hear, it's a story I'm quite used to. We are fortunate enough right now, however, to have an abundance of space and a drought of kittens, so I didn't even wait until the next day to pounce on these guys. I called that night and made him an appointment for the next morning.

Well, the next day he brought me a lovely Siamese Chocolate Point, who was quite beautiful but clearly not a kitten (he's two). However, the other little thing in the carrier with him was cute enough for three kittens. He was cowering behind his "big brother" and hissed at me as I went to reach for him. I admit, I'm a sucker for the kittens with attitude.

Plus no one on earth could get mad at that face.
He was furious through the blood draw and mad again when I poked him for his vaccine, but once he was snuggled against me in this purple blanket he was as content as a kitten in a rug. The poor thing was skin and bones, but now he's happily settled with one of our wonderful fosters, who I'm sure is currently stuffing him with food and spoiling him rotten.

When I make appointments I never really know what's going to show up at that door- but days like this make it totally worth it.

You will tremble before my cuteness!

Thank you Nancy for the awesome pictures!

No comments: